Antenna Mod. MegaCell Charger

Hier darf quasi fast alles rein.
Antworten
Andy
User
User

Antenna Mod. MegaCell Charger

Beitrag von Andy »

When installing the power cable I saw that the built-in ESP3266-MOD unfortunately has no connection for an external WIFI antenna. Since the antenna is laid out horizontally, the WIFI connection was very bad for me. The connection to the router was lost or no contact was made.
SBC-ESP8266-12F-1.jpg
SBC-ESP8266-12F-1.jpg (22.59 KiB) 3223 mal betrachtet
I saw a modification of the ESP3266-MOD on the Internet and built it.
[url \u003d https: //community.home-assistant.io/t/how-to-add-an-external-antenna-to-an-esp-board/131601] Antenna Mod [/ url]
The conversion is similar and explains what to do.

It should be mentioned that the ESP3266-MOD is no longer FCC compliant after the conversion. There is a variant that has a direct antenna socket.

After the renovation, the WIFI connection is really much better. I do not understand why Alexandru did not directly install the ESP32 with the antenna socket. The hardware price difference is only a few cents. Anyone can assemble an antenna themselves if necessary and it is a valuable option
I saw a modification of the ESP3266-MOD on the Internet and built it.
[url \u003d https: //community.home-assistant.io/t/how-to-add-an-external-antenna-to-an-esp-board/131601] Antenna Mod [/ url]
The conversion is similar and explains what to do.
SBC-ESP8266-12F-2.jpg
SBC-ESP8266-12F-2.jpg (29.73 KiB) 3223 mal betrachtet
It should be mentioned that the ESP3266-MOD is no longer FCC compliant after the conversion. There is a variant that has a direct antenna socket.

After the renovation, the WIFI connection is really much better. I do not understand why Alexandru did not directly install the ESP32 with the antenna socket. The hardware price difference is only a few cents. Anyone can assemble an antenna themselves if necessary and it is a valuable option
Raspberry PI 400 4GB # Raspberry PI 4B 4GB

Antworten